Monday, March 7, 2011

Spaghetti and Peppercorn Pork...

Ok, so there's not a recipe for this one. I basically just made spaghetti and put a pork loin in the oven. Yum. I must say that the pork was exceptional! If anyone's looking for a quick and easy option for dinner: go with Hormel's pork. I'm still thinking about it. I put it in the oven at 450 for 30 minutes - it was perfectly tender. Now, the spaghetti sauce was my actual creation this week.

I used to work at this Italian restaurant in Buford; a side of spaghetti came with each entree. The waiters used to play with different sauces on our free time in regards to the spaghetti - not that there were that many options...marinara, alfredo, pesto, butter, garlic, different wine sauces. That's pretty much it. My favorite combination was the marinara and alfredo. It's one of my favorite memories from that job.

My original intention was alfredo (that's what I bought at the store), but then I remembered Dom's. And the fact that I still had marinara sauce left over from the last time I cooked. YAY! That's why people say that keeping a well stocked pantry is valuable. You can do things like mix alfredo and marinara! That pretty much made my cooking experience for tonight. So along with garlic bread, I had a pretty satisfying meal. And I think I'll even be able to eat the pork as leftovers (I don't eat leftovers on a normal basis)!

Rate: 9 (next time I will cook the garlic bread a little longer. That was my only complaint - but I'm gun shy with garlic bread)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I've got another good recipe for you, since you like the marinara/Alfredo combination - Sicilian Casserole: http://busycooks.about.com/od/groundbeefrecipes/r/siciliansupper.htm

    We had it for dinner last night. The recipe calls for a combination of ingredients in the macaroni layer that resemble an Alfredo sauce - but you could probably just use the canned stuff to simplify it. PS, works well to make this one in advance, freeze it, then pop it in the oven when you need a quick dinner. =)
    PS, what did you use to season the pork?

    ReplyDelete