Monday, March 28, 2011

Taco Dip...

Basic recipe:
-Hamburger meat
-Taco seasoning
-Louisa's Fiesta dip (I got it at Publix, but it's just guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, and beans)
-Shredded cheese
-Fritos
Brown the hamburger meat, drain, and add taco seasoning with half a cup of water. Cook on simmer until water boils out. In a bowl, add the meat and Fiesta dip and top with shredded cheese. Put into microwave until cheese melts. Eat with Fritos.

Ok, so this one was kind of a cheat, as all I really did was brown the meat. But I stole the idea from a friend of mine who makes these tostada things with that dip and chicken. As I didn't really want chicken that night (I'm a red meat girl), I decided to change it up a little with the meat. So basically I made tacos. Where's my reward? I get one right? For innovation? No? Got it.

But I will say that I had a little bit of a crisis with the meat (and this same friend can attest to that as she was on the phone with me laughing the entire time). Now, I can brown meat. That might be one of the only things I'm confident in. If God decided that only one person on Earth could perfect the browning of hamburger meat, it would be me. My problem comes later, with me thinking I'm the next Food Network star and not using a measuring cup. I don't need one of those for my meat. My meat is perfect, and that water and taco seasoning won't know what hit them.

Wrong.

I put WAY too much water in the pan with my perfect meat. After about five minutes my meat was basically floating around in a sea of brown water, so Britt through her laughter just told me to drain it again. I did, and we were back on track. Go me! The rest of it was complete smooth sailing. Add with the Dancing With the Stars premiere (which was cha-cha - very fitting and NOT planned) and you have a pretty good dinner if I do say so myself.

Rate: 8 (I even ate it for left-overs the next night, which NEVER happens! Success!)

No comments:

Post a Comment